Husky Stadium Tailgating
Husky Stadium is unusual in that fans can travel to football games by boat, known locally as “sailgating”. There can be upwards of 12,000 people out on Lake Washington next to Husky Stadium during game days. Where else, the north and south parking lots are packed with cars for tailgating. Prior to kick-off, fans can gather at the Dempsey Indoor Facility just north of the stadium for Husky Huddles.
After the game, the Tyee Sports Council and the University of Washington Athletic Department put on events where fans can gather and hear analysis of the game from Washington coaches and Husky Legends, and listen to the Husky Marching Band.
Prohibited items for tailgating:
- Amplified sound systems or use of radios/audio devices at loud levels
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking
- Drones, model aircraft, kites or any other remote controlled or tethered flying objects
- Motorized vehicles such as golf carts or all-terrain vehicles
- Open fires or flames
- Unauthorized soliciting or collection of contributions, vending, distribution of flyers or other materials is prohibited
- Use of grills within garages or under any physical structure
- Weapons and fireworks
For more information in regards to parking and tailgating, kindly contact the university.